Most of these documents and forms are specific to expeditions organised within the City of Edinburgh Council.
DofE Centre administration
Expedition Planning and Training resources
We have a range of training resources available for training sessions. These have been developed by FOTA as well as by volunteers within our network.
- Request Access to training materials —coming soon
- Route Card template (Excel) Route Card template (PDF)
Expedition Planning and Notification
- Expedition Planning Guide
- City of Edinburgh Council Excursions Policy and Appendix 7 (Adventurous Activities)
- DofE Expedition Downloads
- 2018 Changes to the Bronze Expedition Section
- DofE Expedition FAQs
If you wish to use a Provider to deliver expeditions, they must appear on both of these lists:
Expedition Notification Forms
Every DofE expedition and training excursion must be approved by the City of Edinburgh Council’s Sports and Outdoor Learning Unit. You should notify using one of these forms, as well as a risk assessment and a route map:
- EX3single Excursion, not overnight, where all adventurous activities are delivered by an Approved Provider
- EX4single Excursion delivered by staff/volunteers or any overnight excursion
- EX3multi Programme of non-overnight excursions for a group of young people, where all adventurous activities are delivered by an Approved Provider
- EX4multi Programme of excursions for a group of young people, including overnights, where adventurous activities are delivered by the same team of staff, volunteers and/or Providers
Risk Assessment templates
- Risk assessment template for any excursion where drinking water has to be planned for
- Guidance notes for provision of drinking water
- Risk assessment template without consideration of drinking water
DofE Wild Country Expedition Areas
Any expedition taking place in areas that DofE defines as Wild Country must be notified to DofE using a Green Form for each individual team of 4-7 participants. You can create a Green Form through eDofE for each team, then download and complete it, and send it along with route maps for each team to the designated Expedition Network Co-ordinator.
- Blank Green Form if you prefer not to use the eDofE function
Key Information & Consent forms
- KICsingle parental consent form for specific excursions
- KICannual parental consent form for routine Category 1 and 2 excursions (not adventurous activities)
- KICadult information form for adult supervisors
- KICmed medical information form
- KICbld parental declaration to withhold consent for blood transfusions
DofE Centres within the City of Edinburgh Council can hire vehicles for use on expeditions via the Council at low costs. Drivers must hold a CEC Driver Permit.